And now for something from a completely different side of the menu…
You know you are getting old when:
- The two primary items on your annual birthday bash are rest and sleep;
- The wild party at work you have been dreaming about all week is a lecture on probability of default models;
- The best gift you have ever received on any birthday ever is a voluntary backrub from your eldest child;
- Without any threats or begging involved;
- You can’t eat your birthday cake because the sugar spike and the resultant hangover will wipe out the remaining part of your weekend;
- Your sneakiest gift to yourself is that cold glass of Pepsi you greedily guzzled after everyone went to sleep after the wild party at work;
- In conversations and threats involving damage to your sensitive parts, you immediately cover your knees and toes.
- Despite your best efforts at evuldom, you are looked upon as the reassuring, elderly, father figure.
- You no longer honk behind the slowest car in the fastest lane. Other drivers honk behind yours.
Ah! Age, it catches up with all of us.